A royal visit and an ‘Oscar of the business world’
HRH The Duke of Kent visited our offices and factory last week, to present us with the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation – described as an ‘Oscar’ of the business world by the Lord Lieutenant of Gloucestershire Dame Janet Trotter.
When one of our directors’ children ended up with a plaster cast, the idea of using the company’s expertise to create a waterproof cover that allowed the child to swim and bathe was born. Years of intense research and development followed – resulting in Bloccs, our first consumer product, being launched in 2013. Already a market leader in dressing protection for both children and adults, Bloccs have now received the ultimate accolade of a Queen’s Award.
Our Managing Director Doug King and Director Kate Richards were waiting to greet His Royal Highness when he visited the factory. They were joined by the team of staff, the High Sheriff of Gloucestershire Countess Bathurst, Mayor of Yate Councillor Tony Davis and other invited guests.
Following a tour of the building, HRH presented Doug with an engraved cut glass bowl and Kate with the official Queen’s Award scroll. The royal visitor also hoisted the Queen’s Award flag up the newly installed flagpole.
“We’re extremely proud to have come so far so quickly with Bloccs,” said Director Kate Richards. “2016 has been a very exciting year for us and we’re now looking forward to expanding production and increasing sales globally.”
Previous news story | Next news story
- New Bloccs waterproof elbow protector
- Helping equip world championship team
- An unusual donation
- Record sales and new retail outlet
- A year on from the Queen’s Award and sales are booming
- PDM’s latest product development played its part in medal-winning Olympic success
- A busy winter for PDM
- Casestudy: Blatchford Prosthetic Limbs
- Award-winning Precision Dippings Manufacturing will showcase new product at Medica
- A royal visit and an ‘Oscar of the business world’
- Excitement is building for our royal visit
- Summer appointment
- Royal celebrations continue - at Buckingham Palace!
- Summer production orders
- An invitation to The Palace