New Bloccs waterproof elbow protector
We recently exhibited our new Bloccs waterproof elbow protectors at Medica 2017 – the first time that the new product has been exhibited publicly.
Designed to keep a dressing, cast or PICC line dry whilst having a shower or bath, the re-usable adult and children’s covers are easily stretched over the elbow area to create a waterproof seal. They are the latest addition to our Bloccs’ range which last year won a highly prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise and Innovation and are now being sold globally. Other Bloccs’ products include leg and arm protectors in a variety of sizes.
Having gained a fifty-year-old reputation for our specialist expertise as manufacturers of bespoke rubber-dipped items, our medical device development team works with clients to produce prototype tooling, customised equipment and components suitable for either low or high-volume production. Materials used include natural rubber and synthetic and versatile alternatives such as polyisoprene latex, (isoprene latex) and polychloroprene latex.
General Manager Chris Prickett was on our stand at the show in Hall 16, as part of the Association of British Healthcare Industries’ UK Pavilion, to talk about the services we provide.
“Medica is the biggest and best event of its kind in Europe and an excellent opportunity to raise awareness of our services and products,” said Director Kate Richards. “We sell our Bloccs’ range through distributors and direct to consumers but it’s very important that those working in the medical industry are aware of the covers and their usefulness in keeping plaster casts, dressings and PICC lines dry. Talking to those in the field also helps us identify new product needs that can then be researched and developed at our factory near Bristol.”
Previous news story | Next news story
- Summer success in Australia
- New Bloccs waterproof elbow protector
- Helping equip world championship team
- An unusual donation
- Record sales and new retail outlet
- A year on from the Queen’s Award and sales are booming
- PDM’s latest product development played its part in medal-winning Olympic success
- A busy winter for PDM
- Casestudy: Blatchford Prosthetic Limbs
- Award-winning Precision Dippings Manufacturing will showcase new product at Medica
- A royal visit and an ‘Oscar of the business world’
- Excitement is building for our royal visit
- Summer appointment
- Royal celebrations continue - at Buckingham Palace!
- Summer production orders