Record sales and new retail outlet
We’re celebrating a record-breaking sales month in June that was topped off with an agreement to supply giant retail outlet Superdrug.
We’ve seen a 20% increase in sales during this financial year and Bloccs, our first ever consumer product, is recording a massive 40% rise. Exports account for just under half of the overall sales total, with the US proving a particularly buoyant market.
“We are absolutely delighted with our success to date and continue to invest heavily in our branding, marketing and distribution network,” said Director Kate Richards. “Our highly motivated, hard-working staff are hugely supportive by being flexible with their hours during this very busy period and, in terms of exporting, the Department of International Trade have been giving us invaluable advice and guidance.
“We’ve been attending more trade shows too – including Medica, a world forum for medicine that takes place annually in Germany, and Arab Health, the Middle East’s largest exhibition of its kind. Our greatest area of growth has been in the medical sector.”
To keep up with demand, we’ve hired more permanent and temporary staff.
Superdrug is the second largest health and beauty retailer in the UK, joining Boots, Amazon and Lloyds Pharmacy as online distributors of Bloccs.
Previous news story
- Record sales and new retail outlet
- A year on from the Queen’s Award and sales are booming
- PDM’s latest product development played its part in medal-winning Olympic success
- A busy winter for PDM
- Casestudy: Blatchford Prosthetic Limbs
- Award-winning Precision Dippings Manufacturing will showcase new product at Medica
- A royal visit and an ‘Oscar of the business world’
- Excitement is building for our royal visit
- Summer appointment
- Royal celebrations continue - at Buckingham Palace!
- Summer production orders
- An invitation to The Palace
- Drysuit support in action
- Time for a royal celebration!
- Still going Stretch Armstrong after 40 years