An unusual donation
When emergency nurse practitioner Judith Barry borrowed a three-dimensional anatomical model for a training session at Chard Minor Injuries Unit, she realised just how useful a teaching aid it was.
Some very senior staff had recently retired from the unit and a lot of students were coming through so, rather than continuing to rely on diagrams, Judith decided to try and get some hand and foot models of their own.
“They’re an excellent way of explaining the impact of an injury and how to treat it, not only from our team’s point of view but also for patients,” said Judith. “They’re not cheap, though, so I decided to get in touch with Precision Dippings Manufacturing, the company that produces Bloccs waterproof wound and cast protectors, to see if they could help.”
Our Business Development Consultant Hannah Prickett was only too happy to oblige.
“We do a lot of work with hospitals and run a monthly competition encouraging patients to publicly thank the nurses and medics who have looked after them,” she said. “When Judith got in touch, we arranged to donate two models.”
Hannah visited Chard MIU to present them to Judith and her team.
“We’re delighted and excited that we can now start using them,” said Judith. “I know how good the Bloccs range is from the reports I get from patients but this is a very generous donation and we really are very grateful.”
Previous news story | Next news story
- Summer success in Australia
- New Bloccs waterproof elbow protector
- Helping equip world championship team
- An unusual donation
- Record sales and new retail outlet
- A year on from the Queen’s Award and sales are booming
- PDM’s latest product development played its part in medal-winning Olympic success
- A busy winter for PDM
- Casestudy: Blatchford Prosthetic Limbs
- Award-winning Precision Dippings Manufacturing will showcase new product at Medica
- A royal visit and an ‘Oscar of the business world’
- Excitement is building for our royal visit
- Summer appointment
- Royal celebrations continue - at Buckingham Palace!
- Summer production orders