Drysuit support in action
THE innovation behind our Queen’s Award winning Bloccs Waterproof Protectors comes from our drysuit seal know-how.
We make wrist, ankle and neck seals for global drysuit manufacturers – so when we were asked to help a young kayaker with Bloccs sponsorship, we jumped in head-first.
Next month 16-year-old Lachlan Bassett will represent the Australian Junior Kayak Team at the ICF Junior World Championships in Poland, where he’ll be hoping to paddle to glory with the Bloccs logo emblazoned on his racing equipment.
We’re proud to be able to lend our support to a young sportsman who uses our watertight technology in the most extreme of environments.
Lachlan has been kayaking since he was 13 and participates in a variety of kayaking disciplines, but his passion lies in C1 racing.
“It’s great to have a sponsor that understands my sport and is as passionate as I am about keeping dry,” he said. His mother is a distributor of Bloccs Waterproof Protectors in Australia
Success depends on an athlete’s ability to pass over waves, holes and riverbed rocks while racing down white-water courses sometimes up to five miles long.
“You have to be super fit and it can be dangerous, but hopefully I won’t need a Bloccs protector any time soon.
“When I was a little younger I tried lot of safer sports, but when I was introduced to paddling I was hooked.
“I now train six days a week – or seven if my parents let me!
“The hard work has definitely paid off, and I hope to do my country, and Bloccs, proud when I compete in Europe next month.”
Previous news story | Next news story
- New Bloccs waterproof elbow protector
- Helping equip world championship team
- An unusual donation
- Record sales and new retail outlet
- A year on from the Queen’s Award and sales are booming
- PDM’s latest product development played its part in medal-winning Olympic success
- A busy winter for PDM
- Casestudy: Blatchford Prosthetic Limbs
- Award-winning Precision Dippings Manufacturing will showcase new product at Medica
- A royal visit and an ‘Oscar of the business world’
- Excitement is building for our royal visit
- Summer appointment
- Royal celebrations continue - at Buckingham Palace!
- Summer production orders
- An invitation to The Palace